Pressure cookers are one of the most common kitchen appliances you are likely to have in day to day life. This is because the best pressure cookers tend to cook faster than the other conventional cooking methods; hence helping to save time and energy while cooking. It also ensures that more vitamins and minerals are retained in the food.
Pressure cookers are easy to use and maintain and they also come in different mound and types. There are the stainless steel types, the modern hard anodized pressure cookers, and the aluminum ones which tend to have stood the test of time.
Top 5 Best Pressure Cookers in India
The pressure cooker is made from high quality high-grade aluminum and it is also available in a range of sizes you can choose from, depending on your requirements. The sizes range from 2 liters to 20 liters. It comes with an excellent grip due to the comfortable nature of its handles. This pressure cooker also offers a high level of safety due to the presence of a metallic safety plug and the gasket release system which makes it one of the best pressure cookers in India!
- Made from high quality virgin aluminum
- Has a metallic safety plug and gasket release system for peace of mind
- It is compatible with gas stove
- Has comfortable handles for an easy grip
- It is available in a wide range of sizes to choose from.
- It is economical since it is made from aluminum.
- Its aluminum body makes it light to handle.
- Aluminum pressure cookers are not durable as compared to the other types.
- Aluminum tends to react with food acids; hence it is not so healthy.
This pressure cooker is made of high-grade aluminum and it also comes with a sturdy body that makes it an excellent choice. It features 4 levels of safety; hence making it a safe kitchen appliance. It is easy to grip due to the ergonomic design of its handle and it also has a capacity of 3 liters; making it an ideal choice for small families.
- Fits for both induction and gas cooking.
- It is made from high quality aluminum.
- Package contents: 1-piece Induction Base Pressure Cooker with Outer Lid (3 liters)
- It has energy saving features.
- Has 4-level safety making it a safe appliance.
- Made from high-grade virgin aluminum.
- It is not fit for use on induction stoves
This cooking equipment is very durable due to its anodized body with a stainless steel lid. It comes in a 3-liter capacity and it also has a flat base with a thickness of 3.25mm. With this cooker, you are assured of good health due to its anodized body which does not tend to react with food acids. It also comes with an inside fitting lid; which is an additional safety feature as it ensures that the cover does not open unless the pressure inside the cooker reduces considerably.
- Curved body for easy stirring.
- Black body makes it heat faster.
- Hard anodized body with a stainless steel lid.
- Does not corrode or react with food
- Flat base allows to comfortably rest on the gas stoves.
- Ideal for small families.
- Anodized body does not react with food acids.
- Compatible with the induction cook tops.
The Hawkins stainless steel pressure cookers come in a variety of sizes ranging from 2-liters to 20-liters. This 5-liter cooker is also compatible with the induction stoves. It comes with a flat base and an inner lid. This pressure cooker also works well on gas and it is very durable with a manufacturer’s warranty of 5 years.
- Base stays flat and does not bugle or separate.
- Induction compatible and also works on gas.
- Can also be used for frying.
- Material: stainless steel.
- Easy to clean and extremely hygienic
This 3.3-liter cooker is also compatible with the induction cooktops. It ensures an even distribution of heat due to its flat, heavy base. This cooker comes fitted with a pressure indicator in order to enable for convenient cooking.
- It has a pressure indicator.
- Controlled Gasket Release System.
- Handles have double screws for a sturdy grip.
- Heavier body
- Compatible with induction stoves.
- Anodized body which does not react with food acids.
- Long-lasting appliance
- Odd shape tends to restrict the type of utensil you keep inside for cooking
Best Pressure Cooker Brands in India:
Prestige pressure cookers are known to be simple, easy to use and also durable. They have specialized in making small-sized pressure cooker models that can comfortably fit in any kitchen with their main focus being durability and high quality. Prestige always comes in the first place when we talk about best pressure cookers in India.
Hawkins cookers limited is among the best and trusted Indian companies since it has been in the cookware industry since 1959. They come with an excellent design, safer styling and with an inside fitting lid. They are best known for prioritizing quality over quantity.
This is another brand that is making good raves in the pressure cooker market; hence it has become a good choice for many people. They are ergonomically designed with easy gripping handles that stay cool so that you can use them at all temperatures.
This is another name that gives the above mentioned brands a run for their money. Pigeon is one of the most preferred brands when it comes to 3-liter pressure cookers. You can certainly trust on their performance and efficiency as they are certainly top players in the pressure cooker industry.
Best Pressure Cookers Buying Guides and Tips
The following buying guides and tips will come in handy when you are looking to purchase a pressure cooker:
The size of the pressure cooker you are intending to buy will depend on the size of family you also have. An average Indian family of 3-4 people would require a pressure cooker ranging from 3-5 liters. On the other hand, a joint or bigger family will require a pressure cooker ranging from 5-8 liters.
Purchasing a smaller cooker will mean that you have to cook multiple times; hence resulting to wastage of time and fuel. A larger cooker will require you to use more fuel and effort when cleaning it. This means that you should always be very careful when choosing the size of your pressure cooker.
Compatibility with the dish washer
You should make sure that the pressure cooker you intend to buy is safe for use in a dishwasher machine. Some pressure cookers like the hard anodized types are not dishwasher safe and others like the aluminum and stainless steel cookers are.
Since most Indians are known for using salt and acidic content in their cooking, you should make sure that the materials used to manufacture the pressure cookers do not react to these substances. The anodized and stainless steel cookers are safer in this regard as compared to the aluminum types which tend to be more vulnerable.
It is important to make sure that you purchase a pressure cooker that will last long since these are not items that we buy on a regular basis. For durability, the stainless steel and hard anodized pressure cookers are the most durable.
The top pressure cooker brands do offer extended warranties on their products. Therefore, make sure to go for the brand that offers you a maximum warranty and ensure that you pick the best pressure cookers always.