Born in 1977, WWE superstar John Cena has been called the face of WWE and the greatest WWE star of all time. Since he started his professional wrestling career in 1999, Cena has won 25 championships and has a Billboard charting rap album to his name. Here are a few other amazing facts about the wrestler, rapper and actor.
12 Amazing facts about John Cena:
1. He is of Italian, British and French Canadian ancestry. He’s also the second oldest of five brothers and would get beaten up and teased at school. When he was 12, Cena asked for a weightlifting bench for Christmas because he wanted to get stronger.
2. He was always interested in wrestling and was invited by a friend who was also training to attend Ultimate Pro Wrestling’s (UPW) Ultimate University in California. Years later, he spoke about how he didn’t know there was the School of Killer Kowalski a few minutes away from his house. “I had to go all the way out west to some Podunk school no one’s ever heard of.”
3. His first-ever match was with Kurt Angle (pictured) in Chicago, Illinois, U.S. Angle was supposed to go up against The Undertaker, who had come down with flu, and Cena was sent in as a substitute at the last moment. Watch the match here (courtesy WWE)
4. A born Boston Red Sox fan, he now supports the Tampa Bay Rays because he lives in Tampa, Florida, U.S. He is also a Boston Celtics and New England Patriots supporter. He’s also pitched for the Los Angeles Dodgers (pictured), another team he likes.
5. John Cena car collection:
He loves collecting cars and has quite a few American made ones, including a 1970 Pontiac GTO and a Ram F4. He has over 20 muscle cars; in an interview to Men’s Fitness, he said, “I have enough [cars] to keep me in trouble.” His car collection includes 1966 Dodge Hemi Charger, 1969 AMC AMX, 1969 COPO Chevrolet Camaro, 1969 Dodge Daytona, 1970 AMC Rebel Machine, 1970 Buick GSX, 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator, 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass Rallye 350, 1970 Plymouth Superbird, 1970 Pontiac GT Judge, 1971 Plymouth Road Runner, 2006 Dodge Viper, 2006 Ford GT, 2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8, 2007 Ford Mustang Saleen Parnelli Jones Limited Edition, 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and InCENArator.
6. He wears a lot of T-shirts and caps with phrases like “Never Give Up,” and “Hustle, Loyalty, Respect.” He calls the latter his moral code, defining it as “Work your a– off. Be loyal to those who are loyal to you. And respect everyone, even your enemies and competition.”
7. He is also a gifted rapper. His 2005 album “You Can’t See Me” debuted at No. 15 on the Billboard 200 charts. It has been certified platinum and the single “The Time is Now” is used as Cena’s entrance music.
Enjoy all of his WrestleMania entrances in WWE Playlist:
8. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (R) once said Cena was meant for children and compared him to the popular breakfast cereal Fruity Pebbles – earning him that nickname. Some of his other nicknames include The Cenation Leader, The Chain Gang Soldier, The Champ and The Face That Runs the Place.
9. He was the first celebrity to grant over 500 wishes to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. He’s also raised $100,000 for the American Cancer Society by dragging a 167,000-pound (over 57,600 kg) jet an impressive 20 feet (6 meters) with a team of volunteers.
10. John Cena Net Worth:
As of 2020, John Cena’s net worth is valued at $55 million, at that too at the age of just 42 years. John Cena’s success is a result of his hard work and dedication.
John Cena gets a fat check amounting to a total of $10 million dollars for his services at the World Wrestling Entertainment. This also was the record-setting salary ever registered at the WWE. John Cena recently overtook The Beast Incarnate, Brock Lesnar to become the highest-paid wrestler in WWE.
John Cena is not just any other wrestler, he is a brand. And because of this brand we are talking about, John Cena’s Net Worth is amongst one of the highest ever as far as WWE wrestlers are concerned. The leader of Cenation commands ‘Hustle, Loyalty and Respect’ and his fans comply. The sales of John Cena Merchandise amount to substantial royalties which add up to John Cena’s Net Worth.
11. John Cena Wife:
John Cena married Elizabeth Huberdeau, his high school sweetheart in 2009. They later got separated in 2012 in a manner which many might describe to be ugly. John, then dated Nikki Bella for six whole years. But they broke up just months before they were going to walk down the aisle. John Cena’s reputation as well as his net worth suffered due to the ugly and immaturely handled divorce.
John Cena Movies:
John Cena got his first major break in the 2006 movie, The Marine. When Cena set out to pursue a career in acting, he aspired to fill the void which the movie industry had for an action hero, now that Arnold Schwarzenegger was no longer in his best. Very soon we saw John’s acting career budding into a successful one, which happens very rarely with professional wrestlers. Many things played out in his favor, as although he is a professional wrestler he wasn’t too gigantic for the big screen. With his 6 ft 1 inch muscular framework, he was the perfect action hero.
John Cena is an ever bigger Television personality than he is a movie star. Over the years John has appeared in several Television Shows and even hostel a few.
|2000||Ready to Rumble||Gym Patron|
|2006||The Marine||John Triton|
|2009||12 Rounds||Danny Fisher|
|2011||The Reunion||Sam Cleary|
|2014||Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery||Himself|
|2015||The Flintstones & WWE: Stone Age SmackDown!||John Cenastone (voice)|
|2016||Surf’s Up 2: WaveMania||J.C. (voice)|
|2017||The Wall||Staff Sergeant Shane Matthews|
|2017||Daddy’s Home 2||Roger|
|2017||Ferdinand||Ferdinand the Bull (voice)|
|2018||Bumblebee||Agent Jack Burns|
|2019||Playing with Fire||TBA|
|2020||The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle||Yoshi (voice)|
|2020||Fast & Furious 9||TBA|